Happy Tuesday! Please enjoy this pasta recipe I cooked for dinner+lunch the other day. So yum. This goes into our family’s favorite recipe vault.
Wide egg noodles
3/4 up to 1 lb. scallop (I prefer the small ones)
Petite green peas
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp water
Scallion (green onions)
Mediterranean sea salt
1. Cook noodles in a large pot until almost al dente. While this is cooking, steam the frozen green peas. You can do them together in the same pot but I prefer to separate the boiling and the steaming.
2. While noodles cook, pat scallops dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat butter in a skillet until foam subsides, then add scallop. Stir until scallops are cooked.
3. Add wine to skillet and boil for about 2 minutes. Stir in water and cream and boil for another 3-5 minutes. You may choose to proportionally increase water, cream and wine for more sauce. Add scallion and season with salt and pepper.
4. While noodles cook, sauté mushroom until ready.
5. Drain water from the noodles and mix the noodles, sauce, mushroom and peas. Season according to taste.
Credit: I took this recipe from epicurious.com and made it personal by adding mushroom and slightly altering some of the ingredients.